Home / Colts / NFL Notes: Colts, Jaguars, Muhammad Wilkerson & Jets
NFL Notes: Colts, Jaguars, Muhammad Wilkerson & Jets
- According to ESPN’s Mike DiRocco, Jaguars WR Marqise Lee has been the best receiver on the field throughout OTAs.
- DiRocco pointed out that receivers Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns have both been dealing with injuries, but Lee has apparently stood out with them seeing limited action.
- Dirocco also suggested that LB Dan Skuta could start as the Jaguars’ “lotto” position.
- The expectation right now is that the Jaguars second-round LB Myles Jack will work as Jacksonville’s second-team middle linebacker behind veteran LB Paul Posluszny.
- This will be Jack’s first time working as a member of the defense, so the Jaguars likely want him to translate what he’s been studying to the field, according to Dirocco.
- Rich Cimini writes that the Jets don’t have a ton of first-contract talent that need contract extensions immediately, which can be attributed in part to the fact that their 2012 draft class was a disappointment.
- According to Cimini, it doesn’t appear that DT Muhammad Wilkerson will get paid any time soon, if ever.
- Outside of Wilkerson, Cimini believes DE Sheldon Richardson would be the next player to be in line for a long-term deal, assuming there are no further off-the-field issues. Although, Richardson is under team control through the 2017 season.
- In the end, Cimini mentions that the Jets could be forced to decide between keeping Wilkerson or Richardson because it would be a ton of money allocated to their defensive line if they were to pay both of them market-value salaries.
- One other extension candidate worth keeping an eye on in the coming years, according to Cimini, is S Calvin Pryor.
Tags Allen Hurns Allen Robinson Calvin Pryor Chuck Pagano Clayton Geathers Dan Skuta Josh McNary Marqise Lee Mike Adams Muhammad Wilkerson Myles Jack Nate Irving Paul Psluszny Sheldon Richardson Sio Moore