- According to Kevin Bowen of the Colts’ official site, OLB Robert Mathis is questionable for Week 1 with a lingering Achilles’ injury.
- However, Bowen reveals that Mathis has practiced for the past three weeks, and could play on a limited basis at Sunday’s game.
- Bowen does not see rookie WR Phillip Dorsett returning kickoffs this season, as the team would like to limit the number of hits he receives on special teams.
- Bowen believes that WR Donte Moncrief will get the “first look” at the No. 3 receiver role, but could see him and Dorsett appearing in a “variety” of different roles for this offense.
George reasons that with Randle receiving the “majority” of reps with the first-team during practice this week, he’ll likely be the team’s first option at running back.
“Watching him develop through OTAs and mini-camps in the offseason program, he’s developed as a football player,” said RB coach Gary Brown. “So we’ve gained confidence in him. He’s grown immensely and we’re looking forward to watching him go.”
Regardless, RB Darren McFadden should still get “plenty” of chances during the Cowboys’ Week 1 game against the Giants. Brown said that the team will likely lean on which ever running back is “hot” at the present moment.
“When somebody is hot, you stay with him. I think that is fair,” Brown said. “The running backs understand that. And I think the team knows that. If a guy is hot, you stay with him. If the committee thing is working well, we’ll stay with that, but we won’t know until the game starts. We’ll see what happens.”
- The Packers have worked out WR Issac Blakeney, DE Nordly Capi, WR Titus Davis, DT Derrick Lott, LB Jeff Luc, WR Marcus Lucas, and QB Donovan Porterie. (Aaron Wilson)
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk believes that the Redskins should release QB Robert Griffin III, due to his salary of $16.1 million in 2016, which will become fully guaranteed in March.
- Florio believes the team is “squatting on his rights” because the team owes him a guaranteed $3.249 million for 2015, which will not be reduced if he signs with another team.
- In the event RGIII gets released, Florio could see the Redskins adding QB/WR Terrelle Pryor, QB Jeff Tuel, QB Rex Grossman, or “anyone” else who is available.