- Tony Grossi of ESPN believes that the Colts make sense as a trade option for Browns QB Brock Osweiler, given that Andrew Luck is still working his way back from shoulder surgery.
- Grossi adds that the Colts’ backups — Scott Tolzein and Stephen Morris — have limited starting experience, making it a logical move for Indianapolis to add someone who could fill in for Luck.
- Grossi also mentions that the two teams have multiple connections, including Colts OC Rob Chudzinski, who is a former Browns head coach, former Colts GM Ryan Grigson is now a scout for the Browns, and Browns executive Andrew Berry also came from Indianapolis.
- It’s also worth mentioning that the Browns are reportedly willing to eat a good portion of Osweiler’s salary as part of a trade.
Cowboys DC Rod Marinelli was excited by ILB Jaylon Smith’s debut last week.
“Oh boy, good instincts, speed,” Marinelli said, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “Man that was a heckuva play he made on that tackle. You could see his speed, got natural instincts with leverage. And he’s just so hungry. Energy. He took another step. Another good step.”
- Cowboys LB Justin Durant, who was recently activated from the NFI list, participated in team drills for the first time this offseason on Wednesday. (Jon Machota)
Ravens OC Marty Mornhinweg was unclear about QB Joe Flacco‘s return from a back injury.
“I think I know,” Mornhinweg said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN. “At least, Joe thinks he knows when this will happen. So that way, I think I know. So, we think we know. Look it, if it’s before that or a little bit before — it probably not going to be much before — or a little bit after, we’ll adjust the plan. As long he’s back in a reasonable amount of time to prepare, I think we’ll just be fine there.”
Several prominent agents tell Fowler that Tuitt should end up being paid in the range of $10 million to $12 million per year. However, Tuitt says his confidence is at “50/50” on whether something gets done
“I like things that have never been done,” Tuitt said. “That would be great to be a part of something like that. For the Steelers to put us in that situation, it’s up to the organization but that would be a blessing. Otherwise I can’t really say much about that.“