Colts owner Jim Irsay insisted that QB Andrew Luck‘s right-shoulder injury is not a serious issue and that surgery will not be required.
“As the owner who just committed that type of contract, I’m telling you that shoulder is not something to be overly-concerned about,’’ Irsay said, via Mike Chappell of CBS 4 Indianapolis. “There’s nothing surgically (required), trust me.
“There isn’t any sort of chronic shoulder injury. I promise you, there’s no surgeries planned. He is fine and the shoulder will be something that disappears into the woodwork when he gets his next MVP or when we win a Super Bowl.’’
Dolphins HC Adam Gase said on Friday that C Mike Pouncey (hip) will return to practice next week with the goal of having him start Week 5 against the Titans.
“I thought he was going to choke me out on the plane on the way home last night,” Gase said, via James Walker of ESPN. “He was like, ‘I’m playing.’ But we’ve got to see how it goes next week. … That’s why he didn’t play this week, because we didn’t have any real practices.”
- Gase also said that CB Tony Lippett remains as a starter “right now“, and would like CB Byron Maxwell to compete for the first-team role. (Armando Salguero)
- Gase believes that QB Ryan Tannehill has faced issues with pocket presence this year, but believes it is a teachable attribute. (Armando Salguero)
- Gase mentions that he was able to coach Bears QB Jay Cutler in pocket presence last year while with Chicago.
- The Giants officially declared the following players out for Monday night’s game: S Nat Berhe (concussion), S Darian Thompson (Lisfranc), and OT Marshall Newhouse (calf).
- New York also announced that CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (groin) and RB Rashad Jennings (thumb) are questionable for Week 4, while CB Eli Apple (hamstring) has been listed as doubtful.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said he assumes that LG Alex Boone (hip) will play during Monday’s game. (Chris Tomasson)
- However, Boone was unclear whether he would play during Week 4, but admit that he is “feeling good” and that an extra day of rest helped his recovery.
- Vikings DT Sharrif Floyd and TE David Morgan will not play during Week 4 due to knee injuries. (Chris Tomasson)