Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk mentions that NFL teams can trade draft picks from 2015, 2016, and 2017 before the start of the draft.
However, once the draft has officially started, teams can trade any picks from 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Florio brings this up because of the talk that the Eagles could trade up for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota. It would certainly require a lot of draft picks to move up from No. 20 overall, so now we now that they have rounds of draft picks as their disposal.
- According to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, the expectation in Philly is that the Eagles will find a way to keep WR Jeremy Maclin when all is said and done.
- However, McLane mentions that after weeks of being close to an agreement, negotiations between the two parties have recently “hit a snag,” and Maclin is “increasingly entertaining the idea of talking with other teams.“
- On the subject of finding another running back, McLane writes that the feeling here is that Chip Kelly will add a lead back from free agency or in the draft, but he will more evenly distribute the carries to three running backs next year.
- Brian Costello of the New York Post suggests a few guards to keep an eye on for the Jets this offseason including Mike Iupati (49ers), Orlando Franklin (Broncos), James Carpenter (Seahawks), and Clint Boling (Bengals).
However, the only scenario for a return by Hawk would likely be if the Packers wanted to add more depth at inside linebacker after the draft and free agency were over.
- Sources tell John Keim of ESPN that Kirk Cousins will be back with the Redskins in 2015.
- Keim can’t imagine that Colt McCoy would want to return to Washington with and be their No. 3 quarterback again next year.