- Colts GM Ryan Grigson wouldn’t commit to RB Trent Richardson being back with the team next season. (Mike Wells)
- Grigson also confirmed that they’ve suspended Richardson two games for personal reasons. (Mike Wells)
- Richardson would have to serve the second game of the ban next year if he’s still on the Colts’ roster. (Mike Wells)
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Packers have blocked Alex Van Pelt from interviewing with the Bears, Jaguars, and Rams for their offensive coordinator positions.
- La Canfora expects Van Pelt to be a coveted coach next year as well.
- The NFL announced Friday that Jeff Pash and Ted Wells will lead the investigation into whether or not footballs used in the AFC Championship game were deflated. (NFL)
The Ravens announced Friday that they’re terminating the contract of DL Terrence Cody after the Super Bowl.
Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that Cody is under investigation for animal cruelty and the case is being discussed with the Baltimore County State’s attorney’s office.
- Texans announced that Brian Gaine has been promoted to director of player personnel and Jon Carr will take over for Mike Maccagnan as college director scouting director.