- Ian Rapoport reports that Colts HC Chuck Pagano will not receive a contract extension before the start of the season.
- Rapoport mentions that Pagano is entering a “make-or-break” season and will end up betting on himself.
- There’s also a Bruce Arians-factor, according to Rapoport, as he was able to step in for Pagano and win a Coach of the Year award.
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers indicated that he may not have that much trust in Janis as a receiver right now.
“Jeff will have some great days and some days where mentally he’s making too many mistakes,” Rodgers said. “The talent and athleticism is there. We just need to see from all those guys battling for those two spots just some more consistency.”
- Pete Schrager reports that QB Colt McCoy will play the entire duration of the Redskins’ final preseason game.
- Shrager mentions that many people within the organization believe he is the best quarterback on the roster.
Titans HC Ken Whisenhunt said that the team will try to target second-round rookie WR Dorial Green-Beckham during red zone situations.
“It’s something that you try to simulate, but a lot of times you can’t guarantee the coverage you’re going to get or the look you are going to get,” said Whisenhunt, via Paul Kuharsky of ESPN. “So all we can do is try to prepare him when we are here in practice. When you get to the season, it’s about matchups and you’re going to try to create those.”