- NFL director of player development Matt Birk says that the NFL will consider changing Combine tests during the offseason, per Mike Rodak.
“It may be important to know how fast a receiver or defensive back can go 60 yards,” Birk said, per Rodak. “Maybe for an O-lineman it’s only 20 yards.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that veteran QB Vince Young registered for the veteran’s combine that will take place on March 22.
- Adam Beasley reports that new Dolphins VP of football operations Mike Tannenbaum has his eye on 2016 when it comes to rebuilding Miami’s roster.
- Beasley adds that Tannenbaum is believed to be operating on a three-year plan, and their roster purge would support this notion.
- However, Beasley wonders what this means for HC Joe Philbin and GM Dennis Hickey and their job security moving forward.
- Barry Jackson writes that WR Brandon Gibson remains in question.
- Jackson also confirms previous reports that WR Mike Wallace is unwilling to accept a pay cut.
- Jackson suggests 49ers LB Dan Skuta could be a free agent target for the Dolphins.
- Steelers free agent LB Arthur Moats said he hopes to be back with the Steelers next season.
“I would love to get something done sooner rather than later here,” Moats said, via Steelers.com. “I love it here, my family loves it here.”