Compensatory Draft Picks
- Over The Cap has their projections up for 2015 compensation draft picks.
- According to OTC, the Patriots, Chiefs, and Bengals are expected receive third-round comp picks for losing CB Aqib Talib (NE), LT Branden Albert (KC) and DE Michael Johnson (CIN) in free agency last year.
- HC John Fox did not comment on QB Jay Cutler‘s future with the team during his introductory press conference on Monday. (Ian Rapoport)
“It doesn’t matter what player here, we’re going to start that process and I’m not there yet,” Fox said, via Pro Football Talk. “…I’m looking forward to getting to know Jay. I just reminded him that this game’s only fun when you win, and we will.”
- HC Rex Ryan mentioned that he expects them to “explore veteran free agents or draft picks” to compete with QB EJ Manuel.
“I think it’s too early to tell right now. We’re still in the evaluating stages of looking at our quarterback situation. I thought of EJ a lot when he was coming out. We’ll see first-hand when we get a chance to coach him,” said Ryan, via Ross Jones. “I’m excited about him though, I’ll tell you that much. Will we explore possible veteran free agents or draft picks out there? Absolutely. We’re going to explore everything to add competition because that makes your whole team better.“
- Soon-to-be HC Dan Quinn is expected to hire his defensive coordinator from the Seahawks’ coaching staff. (Dianna Marie Russini)
Jamison Hensley of ESPN offers some possible candidates for the team’s next offensive coordinator.
- Ex-Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase.
- Ex-Bears head coach Marc Trestman.
- Broncos quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp.
- Ex-Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg.
- Ex-Bills senior offensive assistant Jim Hostler.
- Ex-Bills offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett.
- Ex-Raiders offensive coordinator Greg Olson.
- Colts special assistant Rob Chudzinski.