Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Connor Cook, 49ers, Browns, Seahawks, & Steelers
NFL Notes: Connor Cook, 49ers, Browns, Seahawks, & Steelers
- Dane Brugler reports that MSU QB Connor Cook has declined the invite to participate in this year’s Senior Bowl.
- Brugler isn’t surprised that Cook elected to decline the invite, but still thinks it’s a disappointing decision on his part.
- According to Brugler, Cook’s decision isn’t due to injury, but believes it could be spun this way in the coming weeks.
- Rand Getlin reports that 49ers’ head-coaching candidate Hue Jackson made a push for the Raiders to draft QB Colin Kaepernick in 2011.
- “Hue was a big Colin guy,” a source tells Getlin.
- Jason Cole of B/R has spoken to three “top-level” GM candidates from around the league who all said that they have “no interest” in the Browns’ opening.
- According to Cole, the Browns’ decision to hire Sashi Brown and Paul Depodesta to run the team and oversee player personnel has impacted the attractiveness of the job because they question how much analytics applies to the NFL.
- The other issue is that there are too many people involved in the decision making for the Browns. Candidates are reportedly concerned that there are two layers between the open position and owner Jimmy Haslem and there’s not that much authority position overall.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said after Sunday’s Wildcard game that he didn’t know if RB Marshawn Lynch‘s (abdomen) availability for next week’s game. (Tom Pelissero)
- Carroll said of Lynch: “I don’t even now. I don’t know. I don’t now.We’ll just wait and see and take it one day at a time.’’ (Bob Condotta)
- Jason Cole, citing sources close to Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, reports that the team expects Big Ben to “severely limited” in their playoff game against the Broncos.
Tags Ben Roethlisberger Colin Kaepernick Connor Cook Hue Jackson Jimmy Haslem Marshawn Lynch Paul DePodesta Sashi Brown