Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports writes that he’s “convinced” Michigan State QB Connor Cook will end up being drafted “higher than many would want you to believe.”
According to La Canfora, there’s at least one team considering the idea of trading back into round one to get Cook if he’s still on the board.
An NFL executive tells La Canfora that they actually have Cook rated close to Jared Goff and Carson Wentz.
“We have him right up there with the other two or three (quarterbacks), actually even higher than a few of them,” said the executive. “We like the kid a lot. We don’t think there is a whole lot separating some of these quarterbacks and Cook is the most ready to play. We don’t think there is a whole lot separating some of these quarterbacks and Cook is the most ready to play. ”
Terry McCormick of TitanInsider.com reports that UCLA LB Myles Jack’s knee is “fine.”
Jack mentioned that he’s looking forward to his upcoming medical recheck on Thursday.
“I’m excited to clear all rumors regarding my injury,” Jack said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio. “Looking forward to the re-check.”
- Jack said that he’s worked out for the Dolphins and Saints. (Sirius XM NFL Radio)
- The Eagles met with Memphis QB Paxton Lynch on Monday. (Jimmy Kempski)
- Ole Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche will be visiting with the Chargers. (Jeremy Fowler)
- Arkansas TE Hunter Harvey said that he visited with the Bears last week and has had close to five-six workouts with teams in the past two weeks. (Sirius XM NFL Radio)
- Utah RB Devontae Booker will visit with the Dolphins this week and the Patriots after he attends the Combine medical rechecks. (Ian Rapoport)
- LSU LB Deion Jones has already visited with the Saints, Ravens and Jets and is set to meet with the Eagles and Colts this week. (Rand Getlin)
- Jones also had individual workouts with the 49ers, Dolphins, Titans, Lions, Falcons and Panthers. (Rand Getlin)
- Louisianian Tech DT Vernon Butler is visiting the Seahawks Monday, the Lions Tuesday, the Buccaneers on Wednesday, and the Bills on Thursday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Texas Tech WR Jakeem Grant is visiting the Texans and has worked out for the Jets, Dolphins and Colts. (Aaron Wilson)
- Oklahoma CB Zack Sanchez visiting the Panthers on Monday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Monmouth TE Hakeem Valles worked out for the Seahawks on Monday will meet with Falcons tight ends coach Wade Harman on Thursday. He has had private meetings with the Buccaneers, Falcons, and Chargers while working out for the Eagles, Giants. (Aaron Wilson)