Texas LT Connor Williams, who is widely considered to be a first-round pick, announced Monday that he’s declaring for the NFL draft and forgoing his senior year. Williams will not play in the team’s bowl game.
- Broncos HC Vance Joseph announced that veteran DT Domata Peko is out 1-2 weeks with a right MCL sprain. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- According to Joseph, DL Derek Wolfe has a beck sprain and is still being evaluated by their medical staff.
- The Buccaneers announced that QB Jameis Winston underwent an MRI and did rehab work with trainers on Monday. (Scott Smith)
- If Winston doesn’t have soreness in his shoulder tomorrow, he will be cleared to take full reps in practice on Wednesday.
- Jason Munz reports that Buccaneers OC Todd Monken is expected to remain in Tampa Bay, despite interest from Mississippi State regarding their head coaching position.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles told reporters on Monday that they are sticking with Josh McCown as their starting quarterback, despite the team’s 4-7 record: “Josh is playing well. He’s our quarterback.” (Rich Cimini)