Texas LT Connor Williams, who is widely considered to be a first-round pick, announced Monday that he’s declaring for the NFL draft and forgoing his senior year. Williams will not play in the team’s bowl game.
Blessed and honored for my time on the 40 acres. Time for the next chapter, as I will be declaring for the NFL Draft. 🤘🏽 pic.twitter.com/oxEAYFZxEQ
— Connor Williams (@cwill) November 27, 2017
- Broncos HC Vance Joseph announced that veteran DT Domata Peko is out 1-2 weeks with a right MCL sprain. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- According to Joseph, DL Derek Wolfe has a beck sprain and is still being evaluated by their medical staff.
- The Buccaneers announced that QB Jameis Winston underwent an MRI and did rehab work with trainers on Monday. (Scott Smith)
- If Winston doesn’t have soreness in his shoulder tomorrow, he will be cleared to take full reps in practice on Wednesday.
- Jason Munz reports that Buccaneers OC Todd Monken is expected to remain in Tampa Bay, despite interest from Mississippi State regarding their head coaching position.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles told reporters on Monday that they are sticking with Josh McCown as their starting quarterback, despite the team’s 4-7 record: “Josh is playing well. He’s our quarterback.” (Rich Cimini)