- Cardinals impending free agent OLB Dwight Freeney said that he has “no clue” if he’ll play again in 2016. (Alex Marvez)
- Freeney, instead, expects to wait until a month after the season to make any determination.
Williams said he isn’t surprised that they’ve yet to reach an agreement on an extension, given that he was limited to appearing in just 11 games last year.
“No, I’m not surprised,” Williams said. “I’m sure they just wanted to see me make it through a season healthy. I don’t know. I’m not worried about all of that. I just want to finish out the season strong and do what I can to help out my team, my teammates.”
- Broncos HC Greg Kubiak said on Tuesday that “nothing has changed” in regards to QB Brock Osweiler remaining the team’s starting quarterback. (Troy Renck)
- Kubiak went on to say that he will speak with Peyton Manning on Tuesday or Wednesday, but Osweiler is still expected to start the final game of the regular season.
- Broncos ILB Brandon Marshall will undergo an MRI on his right ankle Wednesday. (Mike Klis)
- According to Todd Archer, the Cowboys sent a couple of scouts to observe California QB Jared Goff‘s performance during Tuesday’s Armed Forces Bowl game.
- Tom Curran of CSN New England reports that RT Sebastian Vollmer‘s left ankle injury is not severe enough to end his 2015 season.
- Instead, Curran mentions that Vollmer will be back for the postseason, but is not expected to play in the season finale this Sunday against the Dolphins.