- Adam Caplan reports that former Bears LT Jermon Bushrod underwent labrum surgery and is expected to be out four months.
Cowboys executive Stephen Jones said the team would consider selecting a possible franchise quarterback with the No. 4 overall pick if they are able to do so.
“I mean you have to look at it,” Jones said, via Clarence E. Hill Jr of the Star-Telegram. “You’re not naive to it but if you have the opportunity in this league, in our situation, to get a potential franchise quarterback, then you have to make the investment. You have to have the patience. You sacrifice maybe that opportunity that maybe is impactful right now.”
However, Jones admits that he feels that QB Tony Romo could still perform for three or four more years.
“He may play three of four more years,” Jones said. “If that were the case that is great because that means he is playing lights out for three or four more years. That means we are successful.”
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports the Dolphins want to re-sign impending free agent LB Spencer Paysinger.
- According to Jackson, Jelani Jenkins, Zach Vigil and Neville Hewitt are linebackers under contract that are not at risk of being released.
- Jackson mentions that the Dolphins would like to upgrade from impending free agent LB Kelvin Sheppard, while LB Koa Misi is a candidate to be released.
- Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Ravens have been negotiating with some of their unrestricted free agents.
- Zrebiec reiterates that K Justin Tucker is expected to receive the franchise tag if they can’t agree on an extension.
- In regards to OL Kelechi Osemele, Zrebiec thinks he’s probably out of the Ravens’ price range.
- Zrebiec considers CB Shareece Wright, LB Albert McClellan and LS Morgan Cox to be “realistic targets” for new deals.