Cowboys OL La’el Collins said he’s been working at right tackle and not left guard during the team’s offseason program.
“Oh, man, it’s awesome actually,” Collins said, via the Star-Telegram. “I actually forgot how good it felt to be out on the edge, to kind of be out there on an island. Right now we’re not doing too much, just kind of working plays against the air. That’s about it. But it feels good.”
Collins explained that he feels he’s capable of playing anywhere on the offensive line.
“I just kind of feel like I can play anywhere,” Collins said. “I feel like I can play all positions other than center. I don’t know if I can do that. Travis [Frederick] has got a tough job. It’s harder than it looks. I really feel like I can play anywhere. I have the mentality of I don’t care where I’m at, whoever’s in front of me I’m going to move them off the ball and that’s how it’s going to be. That’s the way I feel.”
- Jim Owczarski doesn’t expect the Bengals to sign any of their tryout players to contracts, as they already have 89 players currently under contract.
The Buccaneers passed on signing a number of tryout players on Sunday following the team’s rookie minicamp session. Some of the players not signed to contracts include:
- Kentucky RB JoJo Kemp (Greg Auman)
- Ball State OL Drake Miller (Greg Auman)
- Nebraska WR Jordan Westerkamp (Greg Auman)
- Western Kentucky C Max Halpin (Greg Auman)
- Vanderbilt DL Torey Agee (Greg Auman)
- Tufts QB Alex Snyder (Greg Auman)
- Maine LB Christophe Mulumba Tshimanga (Greg Auman)