Home / Cowboys / NFL Notes: Cowboys, Dwight Freeney, Raiders, Redskins & Saints
NFL Notes: Cowboys, Dwight Freeney, Raiders, Redskins & Saints
- Dan Graziano of ESPN writes that while free agent DE Dwight Freeney seems like an obvious fit with the Cowboys, it’s unlikely he’ll be receive a call from them anytime soon.
- According to Graziano, the Cowboys seem to think they can patch things together long enough for some of the injured and suspended players to return.
- According to Jason Cole, the Raiders are expecting “massive” changes to their defense in 2016, which includes four new starters with two of which being rookies.
- Second-round DL Jihad Ward is likely to be one of the rookie starters for the Raiders this year, given that he offers size and athleticism up front.
Cole adds that Oakland’s secondary is where you’ll find the biggest changes. Free agent acquisitions CB Sean Smith and S Reggie Nelson are expected to be starters along with first-round S Karl Joseph.
- Jason La Canfora is “hearing” that first-round WR Josh Doctson (Achilles’) is expected “back in a few weeks.”
- Nick Underhill reports that the Saints signed WR Hakeem Nicks to a one-year, $885,000 contract. The deal did not include a signing bonus, which is a good indication that he’ll need to earn a roster spot this summer.
Tags Dennis Pitta Dwight Freeney Hakeem Nicks Jihad Ward Josh Doctson Karl Joseph Reggie Nelson Sean Smith