“I think he’s also got experience in basically just stepping up in the pocket and making some plays,” Jones said, via Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. “Now, he will, with that experience though, do something that Weeden was not doing. Weeden was so conservative, he was coached to be conservative to a degree, but he was not taking chances with that ball. Now, we know you can’t make plays if you don’t take some chances. So, we’ll see more of that. We could see the risk of that hit us a little bit, but hopefully we’ll be getting our share of them over on the defense with this group we’ve got.”
Jones acknowledged that he preferred Weeden’s cautious playing style, “until we didn’t win.”
- Eagles ruled out WR Nelson Agholor (ankle) and LB Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) for Monday Night’s Week 6 game. (Mike Garafolo)
- RB Ryan Mathews (groin) has been listed as questionable for Week 6. (Mike Garafolo)
- Giants officially list WR Odell Beckham Jr. as questionable for Week 6, due to a hamstring injury that kept him out of practice this week.
- Giants announced that CB Prince Amukamara (pectoral), WR Victor Cruz (calf), LB Devon Kennard (hamstring) have been ruled out of Week 6.
- In addition to Beckham, DL Robert Ayers (hamstring), LB Jon Beason (concussion), OLB Jonathan Casillas, and CB Trumaine McBride (hamstring) have been listed as questionable.
- OT Justin Pugh, WR Rueben Randle (hamstring), and DE George Selvie are probable for Week 6.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN expects the Jets to use the franchise tag on DE Muhammad Wilkerson this offseason.
- The Titans plan to place LB Deiontrez Mount on the season-ending injured reserve on Saturday, as he sustained a torn ACL during practice this week. (Jim Wyatt)
- HC Ken Whisenhunt announced that the team will promote LB Justin Staples or LB Jason Ankrah from their practice squad to fill the vacant spot on the active roster. (Jim Wyatt)