Home Cowboys NFL Notes: Cowboys, Eagles, Jaguars, Seahawks
- Todd Archer reports that Cowboys OL Byron Bell earned $150,000 toward his workout bonus on Monday by checking in at less than 320 pounds on Monday.
- In total, Bell can earn another $300,000 if he meets his weight requirements at the start of training camp and the first week of the regular season.
- Les Bowen reports that Eagles DE Marcus Smith has reported to the team for the start of minicamp this week.
- Smith skipped voluntary workouts and there has been some speculation that he was trying to get the Eagles to release him.
- Mike Kaye of First Coast News believes Jaguars C Brandon Linder is more likely to get a contract extension from Jacksonville before WR Allen Robinson or LB Tevin Smith.
- According to Kaye, negotiating a new deal for Linder could be easier, considering his injury history and the fact that signing a new deal isn’t considered a priority for him.
- As for Robinson, Kaye mentions that he’s likely better served by playing out the 2017 season and either signing a long-term deal next year of receiving the Jaguars’ franchise tag.
- Kaye would be surprised to Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell spend big on the weakside linebacker position, which could make it a difficult negotiation with Smith.
- Interestingly enough, Kaye mentions that former second-round RB T.J. Yeldon could be a surprise cut for the Jaguars this summer now that they drafted Leonard Fournette.
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports that Seahawks RB Eddie Lacy passed his weigh-in on Monday, which means he’ll collect another $55,000 for being 250 pounds or less.