- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said of the team’s quarterback situation: “There’s nothing I’d rather do than go into last half of the season with a ready-to-go Tony Romo and a winning Dak Prescott.‘‘ (Ed Werder)
- Cowboys WR Dez Bryant said after Sunday’s game that he’ll for sure be ready to go after the team’s bye week. According to Bryant, he could have suited up against Green Bay but it wasn’t his decision to sit. (Drew Davison)
- Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes that the Eagles will likely need more help at wide receiver if they’re going to take full advantage of QB Carson Wentz moving forward.
- Some potential free agent options next year could include DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery and Kendall Wright.
“Well, we’ll see,” Rivera said of Gano’s future, via the Black and Blue Review. “You’ve got to look at what’s happened not just now but what’s happened over the period of time. There are some things that we’re going to look at and evaluate, obviously, and we’ll see what happens.”
- James Palmer reports that Texans CB Johnathan Joseph had an X-ray taken on his injured forearm and will get an MRI tomorrow.
- Palmer says that the Texans believe Joseph has just a muscle injury, but there’s at least a chance that he could have hairline fracture.