Home / Cowboys / NFL Notes: Cowboys, Giants, Jets, Redskins, & Texans
NFL Notes: Cowboys, Giants, Jets, Redskins, & Texans
- Although Todd Archer of ESPN thinks the Cowboys will continue to start rookie QB Dak Prescott, he could see Tony Romo returning to a starting role if Prescott begins showing mental weakness after playing poorly.
- Cowboys OT Chaz Green has been downgraded to out and will not travel with the team. (Drew Davison)
- Giants have ruled out LB Justin Pugh (MCL) from Monday night’s game. (Art Stapleton)
- Giants LB Jonathan Casillas has been listed as questionable for Week 10 with a calf injury. (Tom Rock)
- According to Art Stapleton, the Giants have also listed WR Victor Cruz (ankle) as questionable but should be able to determine his game status by how he performs during Sunday’s practice.
- Giants DE Kerry Wynn has cleared the league’s concussion protocol. (Art Stapleton)
- Rich Cimini of ESPN believes it is too early to determine whether HC Todd Bowles will be unsuccessful as a head coach and would be surprised if the Jets fired him after this season. However, he also mentions that “anything is possible.”
- Regardless, Cimini expects Jets owner Woody Johnson to give Bowles another chance for the 2017 season.
- John Keim of ESPN thinks the Redskins would be fine if they eventually moved on from WR DeSean Jackson since he is near 30-years old and has dealt with multiple injuries throughout his career.
- Beyond that, Keim writes that Jackson is more susceptible to injuries as a smaller receiver and that opposing teams have been successful in defending him on deep passing routes.
- Texans announced that CB Jonathan Grimes has been downgraded to out for Week 10’s game against the Jaguars and he will not be traveling with the team.
Tags Chaz Green Dak Prescott DeSean Jackson Jonathan Casillas Jonathan Grimes Justin Pugh Kerry Wynn Todd Bowles Tony Romo Victor Cruz Woody Johnson