Home / Cowboys / NFL Notes: Cowboys, Giants, Lions, & Vikings
NFL Notes: Cowboys, Giants, Lions, & Vikings
- Todd Archer of ESPN thinks Dez Bryant is worth the new five-year, $70 million contract the Cowboys gave him this past week, given that “changes just about everything for their offense.“
- In regards to the running back position, Archer expects Dallas to see what they with Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar in training camp before even considering the idea of adding an back.
- Dan Graziano expects the Giants’ offensive line to be better now that Justin Pugh is moving to left guard, Weston Richburg is playing his natural position at center, and Geoff Schwartz will be healthy.
- However, the concern for the Giants is at offensive tackle, given that they may have to start first-round pick Ereck Flowers at left tackle and Marshall Newhouse at right tackle.
- Graziano mentions that GM Jerry Reese bears more responsibility for the current roster issues than HC Tom Coughlin does.
- Even so, Graziano writes that the Giants are still more likely to change coaches than part ways with their GM, considering that they’ve had just three general managers in the past 37 years.
- In the event Lions RB Joique Bell is healthy for the start of training camp, Michael Rothstein could see him working as the team’s primary back to start while rookie Ameer Abdullah operates as a change-of-pace, third down back.
- Rothstein believes the Lions’ secondary could end up being one of the best units in the NFL by the end of the year.
- According to Ben Goessling of ESPN, the Vikings want first-round CB Trae Waynes to have a complete understanding of their defense and be able to play a couple different spots such as slot cornerback if necessary.
- Goessling mentions that if Captain Munnerlyn struggles in the slot this season, he could see Waynes being an option there.
Tags Ameer Abdullah Captain Munnerlyn Darren McFadden Dez Bryant Ereck Flowers Geoff Schwartz Jerry Reese Joique Bell Joseph Randle Justin Pugh Lance Dunbar Marshall Newhouse Tom Coughlin Trae Waynes Weston Richburg