- HC Jason Garrett said that rookie DE DeMarcus Lawrence should be activated for their Week 9 game against the Cardinals. (Calvin Watkins)
Graziano mentions that the Giants could get out of this contract by designating him as a post-June 1 release.
- Graziano writes that GM Jerry Reese is not on any sort of hot seat, nor in any danger of losing his job.
- Rob Demovsky of ESPN writes that the Packers will likely approach DL Mike Daniels regarding an extension, but it could come down to his asking price.
- According to Demovsky, OLB Julius Peppers returning to the Packers next season is a “significant-sized if” and could require him to restructure his contract.
- Demovsky doesn’t see Green Bay keeping Peppers if his base salary remains at $8.5 million, unless he posts something like 10 sacks in the second half of the season.
- ESPN’s David Newton writes that the Panthers defensive tackles appear to have taken a step back this season.
- Newton expects the Panthers to address their offensive line, specially the tackle positions, during next year’s NFL draft. (David Newton)