Home / Cowboys / NFL Notes: Cowboys, Giants, Rams, Ravens, & Redskins
NFL Notes: Cowboys, Giants, Rams, Ravens, & Redskins
- Todd Archer of ESPN doesn’t see the Cowboys picking up DT Henry Melton‘s option.
- Archer expects the Cowboys to be able to do whatever they want to do in free agency and doesn’t see the cap limiting them in any way.
- Archer writes that RB DeMarco Murray’s “value to the Cowboys is probably greater than he would be to another team.“
- As for the idea of letting Murray walk and adding Adrian Peterson, should the Vikings choose to release him, Archer believes everyone should “tap the brakes” on this.
- According to Archer, the Cowboys aren’t stacked to the point where they shouldn’t consider upgrades at any position in this year’s draft.
- Dan Graziano writes that DE Mathias Kiwanuka is the “most obvious New York Giants cap casualty,” as they can save $4.85 million by cutting him.
- According to Graziano, LB Jon Beason and C J.D. Walton could also be on the chopping block in the coming months.
- Graziano believes the market will force the Giants to consider offensive linemen in free agency and defensive players in the draft.
- As for positions the Giants could target, Graziano mentions that safety and linebacker as two areas New York could consider in the first few rounds of the draft.
- Should the Giants elect to target a big-name free agent, Graziano suggests safeties Devin McCourty or Da’Norris Searcy.
- For what it’s worth, Graziano doesn’t see the Giants taking one of the top quarterback prospects if they were to be available to them.
- Rams met with East Carolina QB Shane Carden at the Senior Bowl. (Jim Thomas)
- Ravens spoke to Auburn WR Sammie Coates at the Senior Bowl this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- Ravens also showed interest in OSU WR Devin Smith at the Senior Bowl this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- John Keim of ESPN doesn’t see the Redskins getting the kind of return for QB Robert Griffin III in a trade that would tempt them to make such a move.
- Keim writes that 2014 was essentially a “prove-it” year for OLB Brian Orakpo, who wound up suffering a season-ending injuring, so unless he’s a cost effective option for Washington, he could be playing elsewhere.
Tags Adrian Peterson Brian Orakpo Da'Norris Searcy DeMarco Murray Devin McCourty Devin Smith Henry Melton J. D. Walton Jon Beason Mathias Kiwanuka Robert Griffin III Sammie Coates Shane Carden