Home Cowboys NFL Notes: Cowboys, Giants, Rams, Ravens, & Redskins
- Todd Archer of ESPN doesn’t see the Cowboys picking up DT Henry Melton‘s option.
- Archer expects the Cowboys to be able to do whatever they want to do in free agency and doesn’t see the cap limiting them in any way.
- Archer writes that RB DeMarco Murray’s “value to the Cowboys is probably greater than he would be to another team.“
- As for the idea of letting Murray walk and adding Adrian Peterson, should the Vikings choose to release him, Archer believes everyone should “tap the brakes” on this.
- According to Archer, the Cowboys aren’t stacked to the point where they shouldn’t consider upgrades at any position in this year’s draft.
- Dan Graziano writes that DE Mathias Kiwanuka is the “most obvious New York Giants cap casualty,” as they can save $4.85 million by cutting him.
- According to Graziano, LB Jon Beason and C J.D. Walton could also be on the chopping block in the coming months.
- Graziano believes the market will force the Giants to consider offensive linemen in free agency and defensive players in the draft.
- As for positions the Giants could target, Graziano mentions that safety and linebacker as two areas New York could consider in the first few rounds of the draft.
- Should the Giants elect to target a big-name free agent, Graziano suggests safeties Devin McCourty or Da’Norris Searcy.
- For what it’s worth, Graziano doesn’t see the Giants taking one of the top quarterback prospects if they were to be available to them.
- Rams met with East Carolina QB Shane Carden at the Senior Bowl. (Jim Thomas)
- Ravens spoke to Auburn WR Sammie Coates at the Senior Bowl this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- Ravens also showed interest in OSU WR Devin Smith at the Senior Bowl this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- John Keim of ESPN doesn’t see the Redskins getting the kind of return for QB Robert Griffin III in a trade that would tempt them to make such a move.
- Keim writes that 2014 was essentially a “prove-it” year for OLB Brian Orakpo, who wound up suffering a season-ending injuring, so unless he’s a cost effective option for Washington, he could be playing elsewhere.