Home / Cowboys / NFL Notes: Cowboys, Jaguars, Jets, & Lions
NFL Notes: Cowboys, Jaguars, Jets, & Lions
- Todd Archer of ESPN expects Cowboys QB Tony Romo‘s (back) to return from injury for Week 9 against the Browns instead of Week 8 following their bye.
- Archer suggests that QB Dak Prescott‘s success up to this point allows Dallas to be more patient with Romo’s recovery while adding that his return is more related to the team’s circumstances than Romo’s health.
- As for Cowboys’ suspended DE Randy Gregory, Archer does not think he will contribute much to the defense once he returns due to the amount of time he has missed so far in his two-year career.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN expects the Jets to make significant roster moves next offseason, due to the team’s cap situation and the amount of large contracts being paid to aging players.
- Cimini adds that the Jets will need to release players in order to get under the cap and mentions CB Darrelle Revis ($15.3 million) and OT Ryan Clady ($10.5 million) as two players with high cap figures as potential candidates to restructure their deals.
- Cimini names RT Breno Giacomini as a player that will likely be released, while other veterans could also be on the chopping block.
Tags Aaron Colvin Breno Giacomini Dak Prescott Darrelle Revis Davon House Dwayne Washington Jalen Ramsey Justin Forsett Prince Amukamara Randy Gregory Ryan Clady Tony Romo