- Todd Archer doesn’t think the Cowboys should consider moving Tyrone Crawford to defensive end, and should instead try to keep him at his current defensive tackle spot.
- With the Jaguars locking up WR Allen Hurns to big-money extension this week, Michael DiRocco expects them to eventually sign WR Allen Robinson, QB Blake Bortles, and C Brandon Linder to extensions in the coming years.
- DiRocco mentions that this could lead to the team allowing LB Telvin Smith to depart.
- In regards to an extension for Robinson, DiRocco believes he could eventually secure a deal in the range of five years and $70-80 million.
- Rich Cimini writes that while it would make sense for the Jets to add an option year to one-year deal for QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, the Jets aren’t interested in doing so.
- According to Cimini, the Jets want to keep Fitzpatrick around in 2017, either as a backup or starter, and they don’t want to negotiate another contract next year.
- Other factor that explains the team’s stance is the simple fact that they’re the only team bidding on Fitzpatrick at this point, which means they the leverage in this situation.
Packers LT David Bakhtiari admitted that there’s a good chance the team’s offensive line will have some new faces starting at some point in the near future.
“We’ve got a lot of guys up, and if I’m gambling, I’m going to bet that not all of us come back,” Bakhtiari said, via Jason Wilde of ESPN. “But that’s something you don’t want to think about and that shouldn’t be our topic of conversation.”
Bakhtiari made it clear that he has no intention of playing a position other than left tackle, which had been rumored to be something Green Bay could be considering.
“Name another left tackle who’s made 50-plus starts and then gone to another position,” Bakhtiari said. “I’m not going to be a pioneer. I’m not going to start a new trend. I’m going to stay at my position. I’m a tackle. That’s what I’ve been ever since I got pads on.”