- Todd Archer mentions that if his knee and nerve issues are behind him, former second-round LB Jaylon Smith could have a starting role for the Cowboys in 2017.
- Archer guesses that DeMarcus Lawrence and first-round DE Taco Charlton will the Cowboys’ starting defensive ends this year.
- Archer expects second-round CB Chidobe Awuzie to be the team’s third cornerback with Anthony Brown competing with Orlando Scandrick and Nolan Carroll for playing time.
- Given the team’s uncertainty at safety, Archer believes sixth-round S Xavier Woods has a decent shot at starting.
- While many assumed that the Jaguars would bring in some quarterback competition for Blake Bortles, Michael DiRocco says that this was “entirely media and fan driven” and Jacksonville is clearly more committed to Bortles this year than everyone assumed.
- According to DiRocco, LT Branden Albert, who is skipping voluntary workouts, hasn’t returned any of the team’s calls nor has his agent.
- According to John Keim, there still aren’t any contract negotiations taking place between the Redskins and franchise QB Kirk Cousins.
- The last offer made by Washington came before the Scouting Combine a few months ago, but the Redskins are still optimistic about getting a deal done.
- In regards to the team’s GM position, Keim mentions that it’s his understanding that the team will start working on this more in the next week or so and begin interview candidates for the job.
- However, Keim adds that there’s a “decent chance” Washington won’t hire a GM and keep things status quo.
- It’s also possible they promote from within and go with someone like Doug Williams, Alex Santos, Scott Campbell, or Eric Schaffer.
- If they were to look outside the organization, Keim mentions former Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik as someone who would make sense for them.