- With the Cowboys’ decision to go with veteran backup quarterbacks like Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassel not working out as planned, Todd Archer writes that Dallas should draft Tony Romo‘s replacement when they are ready to move in a new direction and play him right away.
- Archer doesn’t anticipate any wholesale changes being made to the coaching staff, despite the fact that they went 07 without Romo.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN would field trade offers for DE Sheldon Richardson during the offseason if it were up to him.
- Cimini admits that the Jets will have a difficult time receiving fair-market value in return for Richardson due to potential punishment being handed down from the NFL for a July arrest.
- New York will have a tough time signing him to a contract extension after his deal expires, and they’ll also need to address Muhammad Wilkerson, who will be a free agent in March.
- If Cimini had to choose between the two, he’d play it safe and focus on retaining Wilkerson, possibly by franchising him next year.
Lions president Rod Wood told reporters during his introductory press conference that he doesn’t think they’re in need of a complete rebuild.
“We’re not as far away as I think people might fear,” Wood said, via the Detroit Free Press. “We were 11-5 last year (and) in the playoffs. Obviously we got off to a very disappointing start this year. There’s a few holes that I think we have to fill, but it’s not a rebuild. And I think that we can do that hopefully very quickly.“