- Jane Slater reports that Cowboys WR Dez Bryant feels good enough to play today but won’t know if he is going to suit up until he gets to the stadium.
- Ian Rapoport reported earlier that Bryant will warm up but is still considered a “long-shot” to play. Instead, a post-bye return for Bryant is a “near-certainty.”
Rich Cimini reports that Jets rookie QB Christian Hackenberg is doing his best to stay busy behind the scenes, even though he’s the No. 4 quarterback on the team’s roster.
The Jets used a second-round pick on Hackenberg, but he’s still nowhere close to seeing the field while other rookies have already started games for their teams.
“There’s more than one way to skin a cat,” Hackenberg said. “I’m happy for the guys playing well. I know a lot of them. That’s cool, but there are a lot of ways to get it.”
- Cimini believes veteran RB Matt Forte deserves the benefit of the doubt and should remain the team’s starting running back, despite some saying Bilal Powell should get the majority of the team’s carries.
- According to Cimini, the Jets have been hesitant to play OLB Lorenzo Mauldin because he hasn’t been grasping the defense and is making mental errors.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports that the Patriots have made offers to some of their premier free agents including LB Jamie Collins, LB Dont’a Hightower, CB Malcolm Butler, CB Logan Ryan, and TE Martellus Bennett among others.
- However, none of them are biting right now, given that others have benefitted by waiting closer to free agency rather than accept a team-friendly deal.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell is expected to see snaps at wide receiver during Sunday’s game against the Dolphins.