Home / Cowboys / NFL Notes: Cowboys, Lions, Packers, Rams, & Redskins
NFL Notes: Cowboys, Lions, Packers, Rams, & Redskins
- Todd Archer of ESPN does not think the Cowboys will make a big splash in free agency like signing DE Jason Pierre-Paul, should he reach the open market.
- However, should the Cowboys sign a player like Pierre-Paul, Archer believes it will be a fair deal that the team wants, instead of an inflated market price.
- Although Archer writes the team won’t pay “over-the-top” prices, this does not mean Dallas will be totally inactive during the free agent period.
- Archer expects the Cowboys to address the right tackle position early in the draft since OT Chaz Green has been unable to remain healthy since his college days at Florida, while veteran OT Doug Free is entering the final year of his contract.
- While Michael Rothstein of ESPN writes that the Lions’ early plans for the 2017 NFL Draft could be to focus on defense through the early rounds, he could see the team bolstering their running backs group if they are able to sign strong fits through free agency for their defensive line.
- Additionally, Rothstein believes the Lions may pursue a cornerback since they suffered a number of injuries at the position throughout the last couple of years.
- Rothstein also mentions that the safety position could be addressed since Glover Quin is turning 31-years old, while Tavon Wilson and Miles Killebrew do not appear to be “standout” players.
- The Packers announced that RB Christine Michael has been listed as questionable for Sunday’s game due to a back injury.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Rams are retaining Skip Peete as their RBs coach.
- John Keim of ESPN views their defensive line as the Redskins’ largest priority this offseason after failing to address that need last year.
- Keim could see the team re-signing DE Chris Baker and adding a defensive tackle to help him improve. However, he does not view Ziggy Hood or Ricky Jean Francois as capable starters.
- Keim mentions the Eagles DT Bennie Logan, Giants DT Johnathan Hankins and Panthers DT Kawann Short as possible free agent options for the Redskins should they reach the open market.
Tags Bennie Logan Chaz Green Chris Baker Christine Michael Doug Free Glover Quin Jason Pierre-Paul Johnathan Hankins Kawann Short Miles Killebrew Ricky Jean-Francois Skip Peete Tavon Wilson Ziggy Hood