- Mike Fisher of 105.3 The Fan reports that Cowboys WR Dez Bryant suffered a concussion during Monday’s practice and will miss Thursday’s preseason game.
- Bryant announced via his Twitter account: “I promise I’m ok Cowboy nation.“
- Adam Caplan reports that, barring a setback, source believe Lions TE Eric Ebron (ankle) will play in Week 1’s game against the Colts.
- In fact, Caplan adds that Ebron even has an outside shot playing in the Lions final preseason game.
- Adam Caplan reports that Patriots rookie WR Malcolm Mitchell is believed to have suffered more of a subluxation than a dislocation to his left elbow. This explains why he could be back in a matter of weeks, as opposed to months.
- Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald reports that DE Jabaal Sheard is dealing with an MCL sprain. Although, the injury is not believed to be “overly serious” and Sheard’s timetable is about 2-4 weeks. Howe adds that worst-case scenario for Sheard is that he would need 4-6 weeks.
“I’d say it’s an ongoing progression,” Payton said, via New Orleans Times-Picayune. “There’s some plays that are real good, and then there’s some plays where we’ve got to be a little bit more detailed and that’s something that I know he’s got to work on.”