NFL Notes: Cowboys, Packers & Vikings
- While the idea of the Cowboys trading QB Tony Romo has been tossed out in recent weeks, Adam Schefter writes that there’s really no point in talking about Dallas trading this year, considering that the salary-cap acceleration on a trade is prohibitive and the Cowboys have no desire to trade him right now.
- Even if the stick with Dak Prescott as their starting quarterback, Schefter says that they would prefer to have Romo as insurance as they hopefully push for a Super Bowl title.
- According to Adam Schefter reports that Packers RB Eddie Lacy is back to being anywhere from 255 to 265 pounds, despite an offseason where he worked to drop weight.
- Even so, Lacy is averaging 5.1 yards per carry this year and looked great when healthy.
- Adam Schefter reports that at least one and possibly two colleges are “closely looking at” Vikings OC Norv Turner as a head-coaching candidate.
- However, Schefter wonders if Turner would really be interested in leaving his current job to take over a college program.