“Because I don’t like the circumstance it would come under, which would be injury,” Jones said, via ESPN.com. “…We don’t feel like that any game we’d get for him that him stepping out there running a few plays or series would be worth the risk.”
- Cowboys LT Tyron Smith said he is “all right” after sustaining a knee injury during Week 16’s game. (Fort Worth Star-Telegram)
- Vincent Bonsignore reports that the Rams are expected to begin interviewing candidates for the head-coaching job next week. Bonsignore points out that the Rams can’t interview assistants until the season ends for their respective teams or the playoffs begin.
- Rams interim coach John Fassel said Monday that moving LT Greg Robinson to guard on is “under consideration.” (Alden Gonzalez)
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh confirmed that he does not expect CB Jimmy Smith (high ankle sprain) to play again this season. (Clifton Brown)
- Titans QB Marcus Mariota will undergo surgery on Wednesday in Charlotte NC with Dr. Bob Anderson and have a plate added to his fibula. (Terry McCormick)
- Mariota is expected to require about four to five months to recover from his broken leg. (Terry McCormick)
- Titans RB Karl Klug is having surgery on his Achilles this week. (Terry McCormick)