- Todd Archer of ESPN mentions that the Cowboys’ coaching staff are much higher on WR Terrance Williams than many outside the organization would expect. Archer adds that issue for the Cowboys in terms of keeping Williams will be his asking price, as he’ll likely be able to get a better offer from another team.
- Archer expects CB Morris Claiborne to be looking at another one-year deal as a free agent, considering that he’s yet to play a full season in the NFL. Although, Claiborne’s injury history could help his odds of being back in Dallas next year, writes Archer.
- If the Cowboys lose G Ronald Leary in free agency, which many anticipate, Archer says that the Cowboys could try to re-sign G Jonathan Cooper, given that he’s capable of playing both guard and center.
- Should Terrance Williams sign elsewhere, the Cowboys could turn their attention to keeping WR Brice Butler.
- Archer says that Lance Dunbar‘s future with the Cowboys will likely come down to whether they re-sign Darren McFadden.
- The same can be sais of S J.J. Wilcox and S Barry Church.
- Archer wouldn’t be surprised if veteran LB Justin Durant contemplated retirement this offseason.
Ravens free agent DT Brandon Williams seemed open to playing out the 2017 season under the franchise tag if Baltimore elects to go that route in the coming weeks.
“I know the numbers on the tag and it’s not bad money for one year,” Williams said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio. “Just want to play football.”
Williams added that he likes being in Baltimore, but taking care of his family long-term is a priority for him.
“Baltimore is a great place and it comes down to me taking care of my family for the long-term,” Williams said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio. “They know that.”
We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2017 Free Agents list.
- Redskins announced that they’ve named Cannon Matthews their defensive quality control coach.
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN takes a look at some intriguing backup quarterback options the Steelers could consider this offseason.
- Fowler considers Colin Kaepernick, Brian Hoyer, Landry Jones, Matt Cassel, Josh McCown, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Case Keenum to be “realistic options” for the Steelers’ backup job.