- Todd Archer doesn’t expect the Cowboys to work out a long-term deal with WR Dez Bryant before March.
- Archer admits that franchising RB DeMarco Murray is “doable, but not the wisest allocation” of the team’s available funds.
- The transition tag would probably make more sense for Murray, according to Archer.
- Archer can see the Cowboys making a effort to retain free agent ILB Rolando McClain, but it’s unlikely that they would “break the bank” to do so.
- Archer believes Dallas should sign WR Cole Beasley to a multi-year deal at some point in the near future.
- After testing his injured shoulder at the Pro Bowl, Saints TE Jimmy Graham said that he expects to avoid surgery this offseason.
“It was something that really needed some rest and unfortunately it wasn’t able to get that during the season,” Graham said, via the New Orleans Advocate. “It happened early and then you have about 10 straight weeks of trying to make it to the game. Now after having about three or four weeks and last week kind of testing it at the Pro Bowl, it feels great.”
- Seahawks S Kam Chancellor fell near the goal line during the final play of practice. He was able to leave the field without a limp, but his left knee was wrapped.
- Chancellor (knee) is listed as probable for Super Bowl XLIX.
- Steelers signed S Ian Wild to their offseason roster.