Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News reports that Bills OT Cyrus Kouandjio was involved in a strange incident that occurred on Tuesday.
According to Carucci, Kouandjio was found, not fully clothed, in a field after climbing over an electric fence. Police officers attempted to detain Kouandjio, but yelled, “Shoot me!”
However, Erie County Sheriff’s Office tells Mike Rodak that Kouandjio did not say “shoot me” to any of their deputies and he was “compliant, courteous and polite.”
Kouandjio wasn’t in attendance for the start of Bills’ minicamp on Thursday, but the team released the following statement regarding the matter:
“We are aware of the matter involving Cyrus and are carefully monitoring his condition and gathering more information. We don’t have all of the details, so we won’t have any further comment at this time.”
- Adam Caplan reports that the Bears re-signed OLB Sam Acho to a one-year, $855,000 contract that includes $130,000 fully guaranteed.
- Jason La Canfora admits that he’s probably in the minority on this, but he isn’t ruling out the Browns trading for Patriots backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo until Cleveland drafts a quarterback high.
- Giants GM Jerry Reese told reporters that they’re open to trading in round one: “If we have an opportunity to trade in the first round, we’ll do that. … it costs to move up, though.” (Art Stapleton)
- In regards to whether they’ll pick up Odell Beckham’s fifth-year option, Reese said: “We’re going to discuss that. We’ll keep all our options open.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Reese said they’ve “probably looked at more quarterbacks” this year leading up to the draft than past years. (Paul Schwartz)
- Giants C Weston Richburg mentioned that he played the entire season with torn tendons in his snapping hand. Richburg added that he has since undergone surgery and is 100 percent now. (James Kratch)