- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Darrelle Revis‘ preliminary hearing for criminal charges relating to an incident that took place last week has been postponed until March 15.
- Rapoport points out that with the hearing being delayed close to a month, the Jets won’t get an answer regarding Revis until after free agency is already underway. This also prevents Revis from being placed on the commissioner’s exempt list anytime soon.
- Pro Football Talk believes this could be an indication that some sort of a deal is in the works.
- Jordan Raanan of ESPN expects Giants free agent DT Johnathan Hankins to draw plenty of interest in the coming weeks.
- After speaking to five league sources, Raanan projects Hankins to receive a five-year, $43 million contract with $18 million guaranteed with the Raiders, Colts, Redskins and Falcons possibly being options for him free agency.
- While the Giants would like to retain Hankins and fellow free agent DE Jason Pierre-Paul, Raanan says it’s going to be very costly and considers the odds of him returning to be 52 percent.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Jaguars re-signed WR Arrelious Benn to a two-year, $1.765 million contract with $100,000 fully guaranteed.
“I think we’re in the quarterback business always because they’re so difficult to find,” said Payton. “And certainly you pay attention to it when your quarterback’s older.”
Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur mentioned that 2016 first-round WR Laquon Treadwell is entering a “very critical” offseason.
“[Treadwell] is going to be like any young player that’s going from year one to year two. This is going to be an offseason that is very critical,” Shurmur said, via the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “He’s had a chance now to go through the process once. He’ll have a feel for what it’s going to feel like and we’re anticipating he’s going to come back and be raring to go and make great improvements.”
- Darren Wolfson reports that free agent CB K’Waun Williams‘ visit with the Vikings was rescheduled for tomorrow, assuming he doesn’t sign one of the other teams interested in him.