NFL Notes: Davis Webb, Draft, Jets, Raiders
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that there’s a “growing sense” that Cal QB Davis Webb could end up being a first-round pick in this year’s draft.
- According to Cole, it’s possible a team could make a move up into the latter portion of round one to get Webb, as this would give them a fifth-year option on his rookie contract.
- Cole points to Webb’s size and arm strength as being two attributes that have impressed NFL teams.
- The Jets, Chiefs and Chargers are among a number of teams that have interviews scheduled with Webb and the Buccaneers and Ravens also showing some interest, according to Cole.
- A source tells NFLTR that WMU OLB Keion Adams has a pre-draft visit scheduled with the Chargers and Colts in the coming weeks.
- Saints HC Sean Payton was on hand for Texas Tech’s Pro Day and worked out QB Pat Mahomes among others. (Kristian Garic)
- UCLA CB Fabian Moreau suffered what’s believed to be a pectoral injury during the bench press on Tuesday, but the full extent of the injury is currently unknown. However, Moreau tells Omar Ruiz that it’s just a “little strain.“
- According to Jeff McLane, it’s unlikely that the Eagles will take a running back in round one this year.
- North Carolina State S Josh Jones met “extensively” with the Patriots and Chargers before his Pro Day. (Tony Pauline)
- Bucknell OT Julien Davenport is meeting with Buccaneers OL coach George Warhop tonight for dinner and has a private workout with him Wednesday. (Jenna Laine)
- Patriots have scheduled a private workout with Cincinnati LB Eric Wilson. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Lions met with UConn S Obi Melifonwu ahead of his Pro Day on Wednesday. (Eric Edholm)
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the Jets may still draft a quarterback, despite recently signing Josh McCown to a contract on Monday.
- The expectation is that McCown will be the Jets’ starter, but they’re still optimistic about former second-round pick Christian Hackenberg.
- Cole says that by drafting a quarterback, New York would likely part ways with former fourth-round pick Bryce Petty.
- Clark County commissioner Steve Sisolak tells Jason Cole that there are still concerns about the Raiders’ potential relocation to Las Vegas including: 1) There’s still not site selected for the project, 2) The Raiders haven’t filed a development plan, and 3) There’s no reasonable infrastructure estimate.
- The good news, according to Cole, is that the major league issues have been worked out between the team and the stadium authority and it sounds like conditional approval could happen.
Tags Bryce Petty Christian Hackenberg Davis Webb Eric Wilson Fabian Moreau George Warhop Josh Jones Josh McCown Julien Davenport Keion Adams Obi Melifonwu Pat Mahomes Sean Payton