According to Jason Cole of the Bleacher Report, NFL teams around the league are concerned about the contract the Eagles gave to RB DeMarco Murray — five years, $42 million, $18 million fully guaranteed — because they expected his asking price to be dropping, rather than increase to around $8 million a year as things played out.
- Cole sources referred to the contract as a “” for Murray and think it could drive up the price for other running backs.life raft
- The other concern, according to Cole, is the trade price for Vikings RB Adrian Peterson.
- Albert Breer mentions that the Dolphins would like to use tight ends Jordan Cameron and Charles Clay the same way the Patriots used Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez a few years ago.
- Jason La Canfora mentions that he expects the Patriots to come away with either Reggie Bush or Percy Harvin, as they have “definite interest” in both players.
- Tom Curran of CSNNE.com reports that the Patriots are not among the teams in trade talks with the Eagles for veteran G Evan Mathis.
- Ian Rapoport reports that LB Dannell Ellerbe has agreed to restructure his contract to facilitate his trade to the Saints.