- Veteran free agent DE DeMarcus Ware told Rich Eisen that an undisclosed team reached out to him this week about signing him to play in Week 8.
Free agent Reggie Bush said he still wants to play but will retire if a team does not sign him this season.
“I still want to play, but if it doesn’t happen this year, then I’m going to retire,” Bush said, via Michael Rothstein of ESPN. “I’m not going to miss a whole year and then try to come back for another season at 33 years old, it doesn’t make sense.”
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians denied a report via his Twitter account Tuesday night that claimed he was not planning on returning as the team’s head coach for the 2018 season is false: “Hearing reports I’m retiring. News to me. Nothing could be further from truth & 100% focused on getting back on track at SF!”
- Josh Weinfuss of ESPN, citing a source, reports that Arians has not decided whether he will return to the team next season and that any reports otherwise are “inaccurate.”
- Weinfuss mentions that Arians could make a decision by the end of the year and the success of the team may play a “big part” in his decision.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden says OL Brandon Scherff suffered a Grade 2 MCL sprain during Week 7, but there is a “chance” he could play in Week 8. (Redskins’ official site)
- Gruden added that Redskins CB Josh Norman (ribs) “should” return to practice this week, while LT Trent Williams aggravated his knee injury and is “day to day“. (Redskins’ official site)