Redskins WR DeSean Jackson mentioned that he nearly took a visit to San Francisco to meet with the 49ers, but ultimately elected to sign with Washington.
“Yeah, I had some talks with them, General Manager, coach Harbaugh, things like that,” Jackson said, via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com. “It was a close call. I almost made the trip to come out there but, obviously, Washington did what they did and they kept me here and made everything right.
“At the end of the day, they made it right for me to stay here in Washington. Even though I’m born and raised in California, would love to be there and play there. It was a better fit and a better situation for me to be where I’m at now. That’s what played the part.”
- HC Doug Marrone said that the Bills are video taping their gameplan info and distributing digitally to the players, due to the snow storm in Buffalo.
“It’s a tough, tough situation. I’ve never been a part of this, even being a New York state native,” Marrone said.
- HC Mike Pettine said of Josh Gordon‘s playing time in Week 12: “We’ll have him on a bit of a pitch count.” (Andrew Siciliano)
- The Falcons, however, reportedly aren’t buying that Gordon will be on a “pitch count” this weekend. (Jeff Darlington)
- Pettine regarding the release of RB Ben Tate: “We just felt, given all circumstances, it was best move for Browns.” (Jeff Darlington)
- Pettine added that some of the off-field issues factored into their decision to waive Tate, but he also stressed that this was a “football decision.” (Jeff Darlington)
- TE Jordan Cameron is still dealing with concussion symptoms. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- The Chiefs have ruled out WR Donnie Avery (groin) for Week 12’s game against the Raiders.