NFL Notes: Deshaun Watson, Draft, Eagles, Jets
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that “several” teams have been impressed with Clemson QB Deshaun Watson’s intangibles, as they try to rate him against the other quarterbacks in this year’s draft class.
- Cole spoke to one head coach who said Watson has a “CEO presence” to him when walking into a room and he’s viewed as the best leader of this year’s quarterback class.
- Even so, Cole says there are concerns about Watson’s ability to last in the NFL, due to his size.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Kansas State DE/OLB Jordan Willis finished up the last of his 15 pre-draft visits and workouts on Wednesday by meeting with the Panthers. Willis visited with the Ravens Tuesday and the Buccaneers last week.
- According to Ian Rapoport, Central Missouri QB Garrett Fugate could be the next Trevor Siemian. He’s coming off an ACL injury and has worked out for Packers and Chiefs.
- Miami LB Jermaine Grace, who was suspended for violating NCAA rules, visited with the Packers on Wednesday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Tennessee TE Jason Croom visited with the Bengals Wednesday and has met with the Cardinals, Steelers, and Lions. (Aaron Wilson)
- Western Michigan DE/OLB Keion Adams visited with the Packers on Wednesday and has previously visited with the Chargers, Steelers, and Colts. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice reports that Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon “remains under consideration” for the Eagles, despite some talk earlier in the day that he was no longer on the team’s draft board.
- According to Lance Zierlein of the NFL Network, there are rumors circulating around the league that the Jaguars could take a quarterback at No. 4 overall.
- The Jaguars have worked out a number of quarterback prospects this year, so they at least appear to be somewhat interested in this year’s class.
Tags Deshaun Watson Garrett Fugate Jason Croom Jermaine Grace Joe Mixon Jordan Willis Keion Adams