Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Deshaun Watson, Falcons, Patriots, Seahawks
NFL Notes: Deshaun Watson, Falcons, Patriots, Seahawks
- Mark Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Browns HC Hue Jackson and executive Sashi Brown did not attend Clemson QB Deshaun Watson‘s Pro Day because they plan to host him for a private workout and visit in the coming weeks.
- Cabot also reports that the Browns hosted another top quarterback prospect for a private workout on Thursday.
- According to Dan Weiderer of the Chicago Tribune, the Bears sent a contingent including HC John Fox to observe Watson at his Pro Day.
- Josina Anderson reports that the Jaguars offered recently signed Falcons DT Dontari Poe a fully guaranteed one-year, $9 million contract with added incentives, but he preferred to sign with Atlanta based on his conversations with HC Dan Quinn.
- According to Anderson, there were “talks” from the Colts regarding a possible five-year deal for Poe that would pay up to $60 million, while they also discussed a one-year deal as well.
- The Falcons worked out Temple LB Haason Reddick on Thursday. (Mike Garafolo)
- The Falcons also worked out Youngstown State edge rusher Derek Rivers on Thursday. (Vaughn McClure)
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a “high level” employee on an AFC team, reports that there is “persistent belief” that the Patriots want to hold onto backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo.
- Florio points out that Tom Brady could be entering the final year of his NFL career as a large reason why the Patriots may want to keep Garoppolo, while he also provides insurance in case Brady’s production begins to fall.
- According to Florio, there is a “feeling” within the Patriots that QB Jacoby Brissett will not turn out to be a franchise caliber quarterback.
- Speculation surfaced on Thursday that the Seahawks may be willing trade CB Richard Sherman if they were presented the right deal. (NFLTR)
- Jordan Schultz, citing league sources, reports that the rumors of the Seahawks trading Sherman in part stems from the staff believing he has “a lack of leadership.”
- In the end, Schultz adds that a trade remains “unlikely” at this point in time.
Tags Dan Quinn Derek Rivers Deshaun Watson Dontari Poe Haason Reddick Hue Jackson Jacoby Brissett Jared Cook Jimmy Garoppolo John Fox Richard Sherman Sashi Brown Tom Brady