While Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer was considered to be a possible top-10 pick just a few months ago, Albert Breer mentions that word around the NFL is that he will likely fall out of round one and end up being the fourth or fifth quarterback drafted.
“He’s got the size, the arm talent and he’s very bright,” an AFC head coach tells Breer. “But there’s a disconnect there. There are diva qualities there, and he seems to get voices in his head, like he’s fighting who he is. And once the cycle starts, he can’t get himself right.”
- The Raiders and Titans recently met with Colorado CB Chidobe Awuzie. (Troy Renck)
- Western Michigan LB/DE Keion Adams has visited the Colts, Chargers, and Steelers. (Mike Garafolo)
- Lamar CB Brendan Langley has 14 pre-draft visits and workouts lined up with NFL teams including the Vikings, Raiders, and Broncos. (Mike Garafolo)
- SE Louisiana OT Taylor Gadbois has visited with the Falcons and Lions and is scheduled to meet with the Saints on Friday. (Adam Caplan)
- Virginia Tech QB Jerod Evans is drawing interest from several teams including the Lions, Steelers, 49ers, and Chargers. (Aaron Wilson)
- Wyoming RB Brian Hill has visited with the Vikings and Chiefs and worked out for the Falcons. (Aaron Wilson)
According to Matt Miller of B/R, Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett is still expected to be the No. 1 overall pick, despite talk that the team could either trade the pick or possibly take UNC QB Mitch Trubisky.
Even so, Miller still doesn’t rule out Cleveland moving back up in the early part of the round to select Trubisky.
“Hue Jackson likes Trubisky. Garrett will be the pick from what I’ve been told, but they could trade back up for Trubisky,” said Miller, via Connor Rogers of Bleacher Report.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Panthers hosted Florida C Jalen Tabor and N.C. State S Josh Jones for visits on Thursday.
- Carolina is now scheduled to meet with LSU CB Tre’Davious White and Tennessee DE Derek Barnett on Friday, per Rapoport.