According to Jason La Canfora, scouts continue to “gush” about Louisville WR DeVante Parker, who is reportedly generating similar buzz to Odell Beckham Jr. last year.
- La Canfora believes Parker could come off the board around No. 10 or No. 11 overall.
- La Canfora adds that the Rams are “looking long and hard” at Parker and the Vikings have spent “considerable” time scouting him.
- Rand Getlin reports that Boise State RB Jay Ajayi visited with the Ravens recently and has previously met with the 49ers, Vikings and Jaguars.
Regarding this year’s draft class, Jason La Canfora reports that NFL teams are having a hard time finding 16 prospects worthy of a first-round grade.
- La Canfora wonders if Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory will end up being one of the top two or three defensive players off the board, even with the obvious red flags.
- One evaluator tells La Canfora that UCF WR Breshad Perriman is more polished than WVU WR Kevin White in terms of route running and could end up being a better player.
- La Canfora writes that if three receivers come off the board in the first 10 picks, other receivers like USC’s Nelson Agholor and Oklahoma’s Dorial Green-Beckham could get pushed up draft boards.
- La Canfora isn’t sure if an inside linebacker will even come off the board in the first two rounds of the draft.
- According to La Canfora, this year’s crop of tight ends could be in line for fall. South Carolina’s Rory Anderson is mentioned as a player to keep an eye on if teams pass on the top tight end options.
- La Canfora has a hunch that UConn CB Byron Jones will end up being a first-round pick.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Patriots are putting “considerable resources” into scouting the receiver position.
- La Canfora expects the the Patriots to come away with a wide receiver fairly early in the draft.