Home / Buccaneers / NFL Notes: Dez Bryant, Buccaneers, Cardinals, & Steelers
NFL Notes: Dez Bryant, Buccaneers, Cardinals, & Steelers
- Todd Archer reports that Cowboys WR Dez Bryant will participate in the team’s practice for the first time since Sept. 11.
- However, Archer mentions that Bryant is likely to be limited, but this is still a positive sign towards him playing in Sunday’s game against the Seahawks.
- Ed Werder confirms that Bryant is continuing progress from foot surgery and is scheduled to return to practice today on limited basis.
- Werder points out that this will be the first time Bryant will practice with QB Matt Cassel.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson, who injured his knee this past weekend, is not expected to play in Week 8’s game.
- Rapoport adds that Jackson’s knee injury is expected to keep him out multiple weeks, but is not believed to be season-ending.
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim mentioned Tuesday during an interview with Arizona Sports 98.7 that he has been in contact with some agents in recent weeks regarding contract extensions for some of the team’s players.
- Keim didn’t say which players they’re interested in signing to new contract, but Darren Urban suggests RB Chris Johnson, TE Jermaine Gresham, DB Justin Bethel, DB Rashad Johnson and DB Jerraud Powers as potential candidates.
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (knee) said of his status for Week 8: “I’m not getting my hopes up for Sunday.” (Gerry Dulac)
- Roethlisberger added that he plans to be cautious with his knee, given that it became inflamed last week after he practiced. (Gerry Dulac)
Tags Ben Roethlisberger Chris Johnson Dez Bryant Jermaine Gresham Jerraud Powers Justin Bethel Rashad Johnson Vincent Jackson