- Chris Mortensen reports that Cowboys WR Dez Bryant actually underwent surgery today to insert a screw in his injured foot.
- Mortensen adds that there’s still no concrete update as to when Bryant could be back.
- Ed Werder reports that the Cowboys are still undecided about adding a receive while Bryant is out, but a source said he could miss as many as eight weeks.
- Buccaneers DT Akeem Spence was reinstated from the reserve/suspended list and reverts back to the PUP list. (Howard Balzer)
Lions QB Matthew Stafford said that his elbow issue won’t keep him out of the lineup in Week 2.
“I’ll be good to go,” Stafford said, via the Detroit Free Press.
Lions HC Jim Caldwell doesn’t seem to be overly concerned about his quarterback’s elbow either.
“Anytime you take a hit like that that’s sort of unexpected and gets you from the (front) side like that, obviously, it’s going to disrupt you a little bit and he hit him pretty flush,” said Caldwell. “But he’s a tough guy and he was able to bounce back and come back strong enough to lead us down the field and score and put us in position if we get an onside kick to maybe go and tie the thing up. So he bounced back. Tough guy.”
- Redskins CB Bashaud Breeland was reinstated from the Redskins’ reserve/suspended list. (Howard Balzer)