Cowboys WR Dez Bryant mentioned that if the decision was up to him, he’d play in Sunday’s game against the Seahawks.
“Of course, hell yeah, I’m playing,” Bryant said of what he’d do if the decision was his, via ESPN.com.
“If I play, I’m not thinking about nothing,” Bryant said. “I’m playing. Dez is Dez out there. If I’m thinking, I’ll remove myself from the situation. So we’re going to just see.”
“Jeremiah has no recollection or memory of saying anything that has been reported in the police report. Jeremiah is receiving care in Dallas for a football-related medical condition that arose out of the game on the 18th with Detroit. The primary focus right now is on Jeremiah’s cognitive health. I would also like to reiterate that the reports that Jeremiah showed up at Halas Hall inebriated are utterly and completely false.”
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul‘s new one-year contract with the Giants essentially boils down to whether he produces 10 sacks or not.
- Should Pierre-Paul record 10 sacks, he would earn the full $8.713 million included in his new contract, which happens to be in line with the franchise tag he received from the team.
- The base salary of the contract is $2.55 million to go along with $1.5 million fully guaranteed.
- 49ers officially ruled out RB Carlos Hyde (foot) for Sunday’s game against the Rams.
- 49ers WR Anquan Boldin is officially listed as questionable.
Dolphins RT Ja-Wuan James (toe) is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks, according to Andrew Abramson.
Interim HC Dan Campbell added that the injury “doesn’t look good” for James.
“Certainly this [upcoming] week of practice doesn’t look good, I would say,” Campbell said, via ESPN.com. “But I don’t necessarily know how long he will be out yet.”
Regarding the reported timetable of 4-6 weeks, Campbell said it was possible.
“It could be,” Campbell said. “We’re kind of looking at all the options, all the scenarios. We know it’s not good, but we just don’t know quite how bad it is yet.”