- Mike Freeman of B/R spoke with several team sources who expect free agent WR Dez Bryant to sign with a team at some point in the near future.
- Freeman’s sources added that the latest Bryant will likely sign is in July before the start of training camp.
- According to Freeman, the belief among NFL execs is that Bryant has lost a step and he’ll have to play for much less money than he’s used to.
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
“Masoli is going to play until I feel good about it,” Jones said of the first preseason game, via USA Today. “And then the rest of the game will be whatever we decide – 15 plays each, or whatever.”
Even so, Manziel is excited about the opportunity to play football.
“It’s going to be fun just getting back on the field, getting the chance to play, take some snaps, and do what I love doing,” Manziel said. “I’m excited from a personal standpoint just to get back, take some snaps and run around.”
“I’m enjoying my time here,” Manziel added. “I have nothing negative to say about anything that has happened in my time since I’ve been here the last two weeks.”
- Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com reports that the players agreed to use $16,200 per year from the Group Licensing Agreement, which partially covers this images and likenesses being used in things like Madden, to cover their NFLPA annual dues of $18,000.
- The idea here is that the NFLPA is setting up a rainy-day fund of sorts to prepare for a potential work stoppage in 2021 when the current CBA is up.
- It’s still going to be difficult for players to threaten the owners about the possibility of missing games, but this is a better start than they had back in 2011.