Home 49ers NFL Notes: Dion Jordan, Draft, 49ers, & Falcons
- Armando Salugero writes that Dolphins DE Dion Jordan is eligible to apply for reinstatement now that he’s served his suspension after violating the NFL’s drug policy.
- Jordan was eligible to begin the process of being reinstated back in February, but it isn’t known whether he and his agent have started the process, according to Salguero.
- Salguero adds that the earliest Jordan could be reinstated is April 28.
- One Dolphins source tells Salguero that the team expects to welcome Jordan back if and when he is reinstated, but a separate source mentioned that that is “mere posturing” by the team in hopes of making Jordan available in a trade.
- Alabama LB Reggie Ragland is visiting with the Bills on Tuesday after meeting with the Rams on Monday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Michigan State OT Jack Conklin will be in attendance the NFL draft in Chicago. (Dave Birkett)
- Oklahoma WR Sterling Shepard is visiting with the Steelers on Tuesday. (Bob Labriola)
- UCLA TE Thomas Duarte is visiting with the Dolphins on Tuesday. (Rand Getlin)
- The Patriots are hosting Boston College LB Steven Daniels for a visit on Wednesday. (Tony Pauline)
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that there are no meetings scheduled between the 49ers and quarterback prospects Jared Goff and Carson Wentz.
- However, Cole says that meetings could still be scheduled at some point. San Francisco has already worked out both players, so they’re obviously familiar with them.
- According to Cole, the 49ers are still determining whether they want to draft a quarterback at top of the draft or wait until later and grab someone like Connor Cook.
- Cole adds that 49ers GM Trent Baalke “really likes” Cook.
- Vaughn McClure of ESPN reports that the Falcons worked out Michigan State OT Jack Conklin, OL Jack Allen, DE Lawrence Thomas, and DL Joel Heath on Monday.