Home / Lions / NFL Notes: Dion Lewis, James Harrison, Lions, Redskins, & Texans
NFL Notes: Dion Lewis, James Harrison, Lions, Redskins, & Texans
- A source tells Jason Cole of Bleacher Report that Patriots RB Dion Lewis will miss 8-10 weeks, but the good news is that no further damage was done to his ACL.
- Cole also noted that the Patriots won’t need to use an IR spot for Lewis because he’s already on the PUP list and would be able to stay on that list for 6-11 weeks of the regular season.
- Cole believes there is a good chance that Lewis is able to play at some point this season.
- Steelers LB James Harrison said numerous times that he “will be cleared” in the NFL interview and also noted both sides will have lawyers present. (Jeremy Fowler)
- Dave Birkett writes that the Lions will have a difficult time deciding which defensive tackles to keep for depth behind starters Haloti Ngata and Tyrunn Walker.
- Birkett notes that rookie A’Shawn Robinson is guaranteed a spot after being drafted in the second round.
- This leaves Caraun Reid, Gabe Wright, Khyri Thornton, and Stefan Charles fighting for the remaining two or three, depending on how many they keep, roster spots.
- Lions DC Teryl Austin says the team is looking for “consistency, in terms of how they do their job” when deciding who to keep.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden says that the PUP list is a possibility for TE Derek Carrier, who is eight months removed from tearing his ACL last season. (Rich Tandler)
- Jason Cole reports that the Texans want to play it safe with DE J.J. Watt and his return from back surgery.
- Houston is confident that Watt will be fully healthy this season, but his status for Week 1 and 2 remains in question, according to Cole.
Tags A’Shawn Robinson Caraun Reid Derek Carrier Dion Lewis Gabe Wright Haloti Ngata J. J. Watt James Harrison Khyri Thronton Stefan Charles Tyrunn Walker